FISHISON.ca Privacy Notice
- What Personal Information About Customers Does FISHISON.ca Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does FISHISON.ca Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use FISHISON.ca?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does FISHISON.ca Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your FISHISON experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses FISHISON.ca or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of FISHISON.ca on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by FISHISON.ca or its subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from FISHISON.ca if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us accordingly.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalised advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., FISHISON.ca associates with content served by FISHISON.ca), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does FISHISON.ca Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we’re not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries of FISHISON, Inc., controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at FISHISON.ca or sell offerings to you at FISHISON.ca. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes, we send offers to selected groups of FISHISON.ca customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we don’t give that business your name and address. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us accordingly.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that FISHISON, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
FISHISON.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with FISHISON.ca for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Click here to go to you account settings. This list will change as our Website evolves.
What Choices Do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such FISHISON.ca features as Customer Reviews and Wish Lists.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section, above. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Are Children Allowed to Use FISHISON.ca?
FISHISON.ca does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use FISHISON.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you’ve used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone numbers, content of reviews, e-mails and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at FISHISON.ca include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password and address details), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and other such information.